Using the Infusionsoft integration
As of today, Zoom Marketplace users have access to InfusionSoft integration. The Marketplace app can be used to setup a new integration. Learn more about how the Marketplace integration works in InfusionSoft.
With the integration of Infusionsoft you can automate the registration process for Zoom Webinars, track attendance for those attending, customize and brand reminders and do automated follow-up messages based on your desired outcomes.
You can register your prospects, clients, and customers for Zoom Webinars without requiring them to complete the Zoom Webinars Registration page and join the Zoom Webinars by integrating Zoom and Infusionsoft. By using Infusionsoft links, forms, product purchases, and so on, users will be able to sign up for Zoom Webinars through Infusionsoft. Using an Infusionsoft integration to send their information to Zoom, the Zoom platform will develop a unique webinar join link that can be included in an email that can be sent as a confirmation as soon as the information has been passed to Zoom. This custom object will enable you to fully customize any follow-up or reminder emails that are sent by the system, in addition to providing the registrant with a unique link to join the event. Identifying your prospects and customers as attending is also going to allow you to convey whatever follow-up information is relevant to them based on whether they attended or not.
If you have a paid Infusionsoft account, the instructions below are specific to you. The instructions and examples may differ slightly if you are using a trial account for Infusionsoft.
The prerequisites for integrating Infusionsoft with your website
- A Pro account, Business account, Education account, or Enterprise account can be chosen from
- A licensed user who has a webinar add-on license must be the host of the webinar
- Or have admin rights on the account of the licensed user
- who has Infusionsoft Admin rights
- Pre-approval of the Infusionsoft Connector in the Zoom Marketplace
Note:Please contact your Zoom Administrator if you are unable to pre-approve the app.
How to add and configure
Configuring the domain and Encrypted Key
- Access InfusionSoft by logging in
- to the Infusionsoft website and clicking on the Settings link under the Admin section.
- Click the Application tab under the Application settings section on the left side navigation.
- If you have not enabled the InfusionSoft API, make sure to enter your API Passphrase in the API section (keep this secure and private).
- When you are finished, click Save.
- After you have copied the Encrypted Key value, you need to save it.
- The domain name for your Infusionsoft account should be in the format domain.infusionsoft.com. Copy your Infusionsoft domain and save it for a later step.
- Go to the Zoom Marketplace of your Zoom account and click on the Infusionsoft link.
- Click on the Infusionsoft app to download it.
You will need to contact your Zoom admin to get this app approved for your account if it is not pre-approved.
- Please click the Install button.
- Once you are done installing the app, you need to accept the permissions it requires.
This will then lead you to a page where you can configure Infusionsoft.
- To do so, simply copy and paste your API key and Infusionsoft domain from steps 2 and 3.
- Finally, click Save Changes.
Adding custom fields in Infusionsoft
- You will need to log into Infusionsoft, go to the Admin section, and then click on the Setting tab.
- You will find the Custom Fields section under the General tab.
- Simply select the dropdown box next to Set up custom fields for: and choose the Contact option.
- Click on the Go button.
- Then select the field from the dropdown list and click the Add button.
- Please enter the webinar join link **_WebinarJoinLink** in the Name field.
- You can also choose Text as the Type.
- Make sure the field is saved.
- You can create a custom field with a unique name for each webinar if you will be using Infusionsoft with more than one webinar. Consider using the following identifiers _WebinarJoinLink1, _WebinarJoinLink2, etc.
Webinar and Campaign setup
For each webinar or campaign that you wish to use Zoom and Infusionsoft for your integration, you will need to go through the following steps.
Schedule a Webinar
- You can schedule a webinar by logging into your Zoom account and registering for it.
- In the next step, click the Invite Attendees section at the bottom of the page once the Webinar has been scheduled.binar has been scheduled.
- Make sure the Automatically Approve feature is turned on.
- Click on the Save All button.
- If you wish to use Infusionsoft automated emails through Infusionsoft, it is recommended that you disable confirmation emails:
- On the Email Settings tab, click Disable Confirmation Emails.
- You can edit the Confirmation Email to Registrants: Send upon registration by clicking on Edit next to it.
- If you wish, you can disable the Send Confirmation Email to Registrants setting.
- Simply click on the Save button.
Configuring the Campaign
- Upon logging into Infusionsoft, you will see a page called Campaign Builder.
- From this page, you can create a new campaign by clicking on the Create my own Campaign button. If you have already created a campaign, you can add the registration sequence to it.
- The campaign area is shown by dragging a snippet from the Goals section into the Campaign Tools section. We will now create a Web Form for our campaign.
- Upon double-clicking the goal, configure the form with the following information: Username, Last Name, and Email (These fields are required to register a user for Zoom Webinars).
- You can choose a layout and design that suits your needs.
- After you have completed it, mark it in the top right corner as Ready.
- Drag a Sequence snippet from the Sequences section into the campaign. From the Campaign Tools section, drag a Sequence snippet out of the Sequences section.
- Upon clicking the blue icon in the bottom left corner of the sequence, you may select Run until the sequence is completed.
- This will link the sequence to the Goal from step 4.
- After you have created the sequence, double-click it.
- You will find the Process section under the Sequence Tools section of the campaign area. Locate the Send HTTP Post snippet under this section and drag it into the campaign.
- In order to configure the Send HTTP Post snippet, you will need to double-click the snippet.
- If you would like to post your registration URL in the POST URL field, enter the URL displayed on the webinar registration page with the exception of the last field.
Example: If the Registration Link is https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_kSuQ7rT4Raux6wQ and the webinar ID is 78623467521. The POST URL field should contain https://zoom.us/webinar/register/78623467521.
- You can then configure the following fields of the Name/Value Pair section:
- first_name = Contact.FirstName
- last_name = Contact.LastName
- email = Contact.Email
- questions =
- custom_questions =
- It is optional to add an additional field here if you created a custom field for multiple webinars. There is one field here called joinLinkField=, whose name is the unique name that you created when adding the custom field, for example, joinLinkField=_WebinarJoinLink2.
- In the Custom_Questions section of the form, leave blank the fields Questions and Custom_Questions.
- Change the Draft status to Ready for the Send HTTP Post box.
- You will now be redirected to the Registration Sequence.
- Drag a Delay Timer into the campaign area by selecting it in the Sequence Tools section of the campaign page. At least one minute should be allowed for the delay to begin.
- When choosing the Wait at least 1 Minute option, you should choose at least one minute.
- Choose Any Day when choosing the Run on option.
- Choose Between in the last section and make sure you configure it between 12:00 AM and 11:45 PM or whichever time you prefer.
- Click on the Save button.
- When the campaign is selected, drag an Apply/Remove Tag onto the campaign area from the Sequence Tools section.
- Choose the “Registered for Zoom Webinars” tag from the list under the Apply Tag button.
- Click the Save button.
- Drag a sequence snippet from the Tools page into the area where you want to place the campaign.
- You will be able to customize any information you like for the Email snippet by double-clicking it. If you want the user to be able to join the webinar, make sure you include the unique link so they will know how to access it.
- Include the link in the body of the text.
- You can click the Link button on the toolbar after you highlight the text.
- If you select Link to: Web address and you enter the following: Contact._WebinarJoinLink in the field below, then click Insert/Update.
- It’s important that you enter the URL that you selected in the HTTP Post section if you have multiple webinar join links. For example, Contact._WebinarJoinLink2 is an example of what to enter.
- Make sure the email is ready once it has been completed.
- When the email is ready, return to the Registration Sequence and then return to the campaign main section.
- You can drag the Email Link clicked snippet from the Campaign Tools section and drop it into the campaign area.
- In order to access the campaign area, double-click the snippet, choose the link created in Step 17/18, and click Submit.
- A Sequence snippet can be dragged to the campaign area using the Campaign Tools section.
- You can drag and drop an Apply/Remove Tag snippet into the sequence area by double-clicking the snippet.
- Choose the “Attended Zoom Webinars” tag from the Apply Tag menu by double-clicking.
- Click Save to add the tag.
- If you have not yet marked all of the elements of the campaign as ready, then you will need to return to the main campaign area. To ensure all of the elements are prepared and numbered in sequence, it is a good idea to check the sub-elements.
- When you have finished editing your campaign, please click Publish.
Using the campaign settings you have created, you can now have your prospects/customers enrolled in Zoom Webinars. Upon clicking the link to attend the event, they will be tagged as registered and will be tagged as attended.
- Note: The attendees must register on the Infusionsoft page so that they are triggered to register in Zoom and trigger the sequence. You will not be able to add attendees into Infusionsoft if they register through Zoom.
How your data is used
In order for this app to be able to access the following information from Zoom: * Webinar Join Link: Submitted to Infusionsoft for use to send to webinar registrants.
It can access the following information from Infusionsoft: * email address – Used to register/join a webinar or qualify for a webinar prize * first/last name – Used to register/join a webinar or qualify for a webinar prize