It is possible to always join an event from the web client and bypass the Zoom desktop client by enabling a setting that allows users to select Always join from browser when joining from join.zoom.us. Using this setting, you will always be able to join an event from the web client and bypass the Zoom desktop client. The Zoom desktop client can be downloaded if you are unable to download the Zoom client on your computer.
A few prerequisites
- Ownership or administrative rights of an account
Here is how you can enable or disable the “Always Join from Browser” option
For all users in the account, you may choose whether to enable or disable the option “Always join from browser” when joining from join.zoom.us:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an administrator with the permission to make changes to the account settings.
- Then click on Account Management in the navigation menu, and then click on Account Settings.
- In the Meetings tab, click Close.
- You can turn it on or off under the In Meeting (Advanced) section, by clicking the Show “Always Join from Browser” option when joining from join.zoom.us toggle.
- To verify the change, click on Enable or Disable in the verification dialog box that appears.
- The lock icon indicates that this setting will be taken into account by all users in your accounts if you wish to make it mandatory for all users in your account.
You can enable or disable the option Show “Always Join from Browser” when joining from join.zoom.us for a group of users by following the steps below:
- If you are an administrator who has the right to edit groups, sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Then go to the User Management section and click on the Manage Groups button.
- In the list that appears, click on the name of the group you wish to manage.
- Select Meetings in the list that appears.
- Click on the toggle to enable or disable the Show “Always Join from Browser” option when joining from join.zoom.us under In Meeting (Advanced).
- To verify the change, click Enable or Disable in the dialog box if a verification dialog appears.
- If these options are grayed out, they have been locked at a level above the account and need to be made changes at the account level. Zoom admins should be contacted in this case.
- Having this setting as a mandatory setting for all users in the group can be done by clicking the lock icon and clicking Lock to confirm the setting to make it mandatory.
For your own convenience, you can enable or disable this option when joining from join.zoom.us for your own use:
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by using your email address and password.
- Click on the Settings link from the menu bar.
- Select the Meeting tab from the drop-down menu.
- You can enable or disable Show “Always Join from Browser” option to be shown or not shown when you join a meeting from joining.zoom.us under In Meeting (Advanced).
- In the event that a verification dialog appears, you can click Enable or Disable to confirm that the change has been made.
- Greyed out options refer to the fact they have been locked at the level of either the group or account and need to be modified at that level. Zoom administrators will need to be contacted regarding this.
How to always join from a browser
You have the option to select Always join from browser before you join a meeting whenever you join a meeting from your web browser by going to join.zoom.us and clicking the checkbox next to Join from browser always. If you do this you will always be able to access the Zoom desktop client from your browser instead of having to launch it to join meetings.
Read it also –
|How To Enable Showing Zoom Windows During Screen Share|
|Showing Default Email When Sending Email Invites In Zoom App|
|Showing International Numbers On The Invite Email In Zoom|
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does zoom say join from browser?
The Zoom web client on desktop web browsers is a user-friendly way for participants who may not be able to install Zoom to participate in meetings or webinars. Zoom has a limited set of features that you can access through the web client. When a user clicks the join button, a link for joining the meeting will appear in their browser after they have clicked the link.
How do I get my zoom Open in app instead of browser?
In order to use Zoom on your device, you must have the Zoom app installed.
Go to your browser and open a web page (like Chrome)
Open a private/incognito browser window by using the keyboard shortcut: Window: Ctrl + Shift + N. For Macs, you will need to press Command+Shift+N.
Click on the Open zoom.us.app option when prompted.
You will be prompted to open the Zoom meeting in Zoom.
How do I turn on auto join in zoom?
Windows | macOS
Launch the Zoom desktop client and sign in with your Zoom account.
To schedule a time, click the Schedule button on the Home tab. When you click on it, you will be able to choose your meeting settings from the scheduler window.
Select Advanced Options from the menu that appears.
It is recommended that you check the Allow participants to join at any time box. It is possible to set a time slot of 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, or any time of your choice.
To schedule a time, click here.
How do I join a Zoom meeting from browser link?
How to join a Zoom meeting on a web browser
Start the Chrome browser by clicking on the Chrome icon.
Visit the Zoom website at join.zoom.us to join.
In order to participate in the meeting, you must enter the meeting ID provided by the host/organizer.
To join, click the Join button. It is likely that if this is your first time joining the meeting from Google Chrome, you will be asked to open the Zoom desktop client in order to join the meeting.