For accounts with this feature enabled, the host of the account and other users can check the Participant List to ensure that participants who do not have a Zoom account have joined the meeting.
- Account owner or administrator rights to activate settings
- Zoom Client for Mac version 4.1.8826.0925 or higher
for PC, version 4.1.8826.092 5 or more
Activate account (administrator)
- In the Zoom web portal, go to Account Settings .
- Enable the Identify meeting / webinar guest participants option.
Identify guest participants
The guest is displayed in the Participant List but the background of the name is orange. “Guest” means any of the following:
- No sign in
- Sign in from an email address that does not have the same account as the host
client software than the supported version
Reference: The guest participant can not see the orange background of the participant list.