If you are using Zoom for the first time, the steps to sign up will be explained.
If you have already signed up and installed the app, please refer to the “Meeting start”.
- Sign Up (User Registration)
- Install the Zoom app
- Start a meeting
- Sign in
- Home Screen
- Meeting function
How to Sign Up (User Registration) in Zoom App
Access https://zoom.us and click Login.
You can log in using your email and password registered with Google, Facebook, or your existing Zoom account.
You can also login in conjunction with SSO ( Single Sign-On ).
If you have not created a Zoom account, select “Sign up” to create a new Zoom account.
Install the Zoom app
After signing up or signing in and clicking “Meet a meeting”, a link will appear where you can download the desktop application.
Click here to open the Zoom launcher (Zoom app) if the app is already installed.
Click here to start a meeting in your web browser without installing the app.
If you want to install the app later, please refer to the following article.
If you use a mobile, the installation destination of the app is the following link.
Start a zoom meeting
When you start the application, [ participate in the meeting ] or [ Sign You can select].
- If you want to participate in the meeting of the ongoing
[ participate in the meeting and click, you can participate immediately in the meeting by entering the meeting ID.
- If you want to participate in the scheduled meeting
[ sign in and click], [ meeting and click the], [ upcoming select the meeting, which is scheduled in the list, [start, please participate in the meeting from].
Note: The version number is displayed at the bottom of the dialog box.
You can log in using your email, password, Google (Gmail), Facebook account registered in your Zoom account, or using SSO.
Tip: If you have not created a user email and password, click Sign Up to create a Zoom account.
Zoom Home Screen
When you sign in to the application, the main dialog box is displayed.
The default tab is Home.
What you can do from the home screen:
- Display the type of account used for login (Pro or Basic)
Pro · · · · Paid user
Basic · · · Free user
- Start Without Video: Start a No Video Meeting
- Start with video: Start a video meeting
- Schedule: Schedule (set up) a meeting
- Join: Enter a meeting ID and join an ongoing meeting
- Screen sharing: Enter the shared key or meeting ID, and share the screen of PC, mobile with Zoom Room
Select ” Meetings ” to view, start, edit, and delete personal meeting IDs, scheduled meetings, and recorded meetings.
For more information on Personal Meeting ID (PMI), please click here.
What you can do from the meeting screen:
- Start: Start a listed (scheduled) meeting
- Edit: Edit or update a scheduled meeting
- Delete: delete a scheduled meeting (cannot be restored)
- Copy Invitation: a meeting of the invitation text copy to, you can manually paste e-mail, IM, such as SMS.
Note: If you do not see the scheduled meeting, click the Update tab on the top right to refresh the meeting list.
The Settings tab is located in the main dialog box or the meeting menu bar.
After you click Configure, the following options appear.
- General: Change default settings
- Voice: test, select and adjust speaker and microphone
- Video: Video Camera Test and Selection
- Feedback: Feedback to Zoom
- Recording: Local recording, Cloud recording settings
Describes the features of the zoom meeting.
What you can do:
- Invite participants by email, IM, SMS (mobile user) or meeting ID ( more information here )
- Screen sharing of desktops and specific application windows ( more information )
- Group or personal chat ( more information here )
- Meeting recording ( more information here )
- Participant Management ( Click here for details )
- Audio mute and unmute
- Select voice option ( more information here )
- Stop and start the video
- Settings ( Click here for details )
- End of the meeting
User guides etc. required before starting Zoom
- Download User Guide
- Watch the video
- Participate in Zoom’s webinar training
- Test meeting participated in the
For the latest information, please refer to Getting Started On PC And Mac.