This post was most recently updated on July 28th, 2022
You can customize Zoom Phone’s display name, extension number, and caller ID once you add Zoom Rooms or SIP/H.323 devices.
Prerequisites for changing settings for phone-licensed Zoom Rooms and SIP/H.323 devices
- Accounts for Pros, Businesses, or Schools
- Ownership or administrative privileges of the account
- Licensed Zoom Phones
How to access settings
Also, there are some global settings for the phone, as well as policies that control certain features that can be enabled or disabled.
- Go to Zoom’s web portal and sign in.
- The Navigation Menu should have a section called Phone System Management followed by a section called Users & Rooms.
- Depending on your preference, you may select Zoom Rooms or Cisco/Polycom Rooms.
- You can adjust settings for a room by clicking its name.
Here are the options and information you will see:
- Site (only visible if you have multiple sites):
- The site to which the room belongs is displayed. Move the room to another site by selecting another site from the drop-down menu.
- The outbound calling package can be assigned by clicking Assign. You can remove an assigned package by clicking * next to it.
- Extension Number:
- Changing the extension number associated with a room can be done by clicking on the Edit button.
- In some cases, extension numbers can’t be used due to the fact that they are reserved. There is a limit of six digits for extension numbers. It is possible for extension numbers to be 2 to 5 digits if you have multiple sites and enabled site codes, and site codes can be between 1 and 2 digits if you have multiple sites.
- The direct phone numbers can be assigned to a room by clicking on the Assign button. There is only one setting that is visible if a package has been assigned to it.
- Emergency Address:
- If you would like to edit your room’s emergency address, click Manage to do so. There is an option to select any address assigned to a site or the default address for a site if you have multiple sites.
- Outbound Caller ID (only visible if you assign a package):
- When making outbound calls from the room, select the caller ID number from the drop-down menu.
- Country (only visible if you assign a package):
- An emergency address’s country is displayed. You cannot use reserved extension numbers for the room depending on the country.
- Area Code (only visible if you assign a package):
- Outbound calling area codes can be changed by clicking Set or Edit.
- Device Type (only visible for Cisco/Polycom rooms):
- The Cisco/Polycom room name is displayed.
- Communications Content Storage Location:
- Managing Communications Content storage locations.
Certain Zoom Phone features can be enabled or disabled through policy settings.
Then, you can specify how inbound calls will be routed during these custom hours after setting the custom hours in the time zone setting. It is not possible to change these settings in Cisco/Polycom rooms.
- Business Hours: To change the user’s ability to answer calls at certain times, click Edit. It is possible to extend business hours past 11:30 PM. Manually entering a time, for example 11:10 PM, allows you to set business hours in increments of 10 minutes.
- Closed Hours: Closed hours can also be customized if business hours are customized.
- Holiday Hours: Holidays can be designated by clicking Manage.
Call handling settings
- Ring the Device: Inbound ringing can be enabled or disabled.
- Ring Duration: In the setting below (When a call is not answered), you can specify how long the phone should ring before the call is handled.
- When a call is not answered: During the specified hours, you can control what happens to unanswered calls.
- Play a message, then disconnect: Hangs up the call after playing a custom message. You can customize audio by clicking Audio Library.
- Disconnect: A message will not be played before the call is disconnected.
- Forward to another extension: A different extension in the account can be used to route calls.
- Forward to External Contacts: An external contact can be routed to the account if it has a directory of external users.