This post was most recently updated on July 28th, 2022
The Zoom portal allows you to easily rename your Zoom Room if you have enrolled it into an MDM solution via the Zoom web portal after it has been enrolled in an MDM solution. If your Zoom Room is running Windows, you can also rename it from the device.
Prerequisites for renaming a Zoom Room with MDM
- There is a supervision mode on the Zoom Room Device
- A MDM service is installed on Zoom Room devices.
How to rename a Zoom Room with MDM
Renaming on the Zoom web portal
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by logging in and clicking Room Management.
- Then click Devices under Zoom Rooms.
- A device that is enrolled in MDM can be renamed by clicking the icon to the right of the device.
- Change the device’s name by entering it, then clicking Rename.
Renaming on a Windows device
You will need to sign in to your Windows Settings account with administrator access in order to rename the device. A device that is enrolled in an MDM service will appear under the Zoom Rooms page on the Zoom web portal if it has been assigned a new name by MDM service.