Meetings can be joined with Zoom Rooms using Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, WebEx, GoToMeeting, Fuze or Google Hangout, and participants can join the meeting with only a single click. As a result, these features may be useful for businesses moving from other video conferencing solutions to Zoom, or for companies who collaborate with vendors and customers who use third party meeting services and are migrating from them to Zoom.
A third-party interoperability service such as Polycom RealConnect, Pexip, Webex CMR, or GTM InRoomLink is required for Skype for Business, WebEx, and GoToMeeting in order to enable the interoperability. Zoom Rooms are with the ability to access the third-party hosting meeting details that are included in invitations from third parties, as long as the invitation has a SIP address to enable interop dialing. Zoom Rooms will then be able to generate a one-touch join button for the third-party meeting that can be accessed via the invitation.
There are some organizations that can be joined as audio-only participants when they have either Skype for Business, WebEx, or GoToMeeting, but do not have the interoperability services listed above. A Google Hangouts meeting will always be audio-only irrespective of the availability of interoperability services, as audio-only participants will always be able to join the meeting. One click of a button will allow you to join the audio conference in the Zoom Room. Callout is an option that needs to be enabled on your Zoom audio conferencing plan in order to enable this feature. A third party meeting can be held in the room by using a computer, which is connected to the display in the room so participants within the room can view content and receive video from the computer. Using a Zoom Room, you will be able to share your screen with others.
Prerequisites for joining a third party meeting
For Video, Audio, and Screensharing
- License for Zoom Rooms
- An interop service must be enabled by the host of the third-party meeting:
- RealConnect by Polycom
- Webex CMR
- InRoomLink by GTM
- (BlueJeans Meetings already includes BlueJeans interop)
- Version 4.3.0 (390.0130) of Zoom Rooms for Conference Room for PC is required
- 4.3.0 (446.0130) or later of Zoom Rooms for Conference Room for Mac is required
- The latest version of Zoom Room Appliances is 5.7.0 (1439)
- The Zoom Rooms Controller requires iOS version 4.3.6 (220.0125) or later
- You must have Android 4.3.6 (40253.0127) or higher to use Zoom Rooms Controller on your Android device
- Windows 4.3.6 (13374.0129) or later is required for Zoom Rooms Controller for Windows
For Audio Only
- A plan for audio conferencing that supports callouts
- It is recommended that you install Zoom Rooms for Conference Rooms for PC version 4.1.27694.0702 or higher
- The latest version of Zoom Rooms for Conference Rooms for Mac is 4.1.27694.0702 or later.
- For iOS devices running version 4.3.27601.0628 or later, Zoom Rooms Controller is required
- A Zoom Rooms Controller for Android version 4.3.27613.0629 or higher is required
- 4.3.7629.0629 or later version of Zoom Rooms Controller for Windows is required
Note: In order to use the Zoom Phone service for audio-only dial-out, you have to use third party SIP integrations.
How to enable the third party conferencing dial-in feature
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by logging in.
- Then click Zoom Rooms under Room Management.
- Choose a location hierarchy in Zoom Rooms and enable this setting there.
- Go to the Meetings tab.
- Zoom Rooms supports 3rd party conferencing dial-in by clicking the icon next to it.
- If you would like to enable this as well, please select the option to support Microsoft Teams meetings on Zoom Rooms. Make sure that the Require encryption for third party endpoints (SIP/H.323) option is turned off before joining Fuze meetings.
How to use third party SIP/H.323 one click join
I would recommend sending the room a calendar invitation with the meeting information provided by the third-party service, which includes the SIP/H.323 address and the meeting ID of the meeting.
To join a meeting from your Zoom Room, you will need to tap Home on your Zoom Room’s controller then find the meeting invitation and tap Join to join the meeting.
Note: The prerequisites must be met before you can begin the process. A third-party meeting service (Polycom RealConnect, Pexip, Webex CMR, or GTM InRoomLink) is required to support this feature (Polycom RealConnect, Pexip, Webex CMR, or GTM InRoomLink).
How to use third party conferencing dial out
Include the third-party service‘s meeting ID in the calendar invite.
You can join the meeting by tapping Join Audio on the Zoom Rooms controller.
A Zoom Room controller will be available once you have joined the meeting.
Read it also –
|How To Use A Third Party Closed Captioning Service In Zoom|
|Enabling Auto Sign In With A Third Party Mdm In Zoom|
|Archiving Messages With A Third Party Provider In Zoom App|
You should test your account for the Conference Room Connector licenses, or if it has an audio conferencing plan with callout enabled, if you don’t have the Join button, confirm that the Support 3rd party conferencing dial-in setting is turned on for the room.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you join a Teams meeting from Zoom Room?
How do I join a zoom meeting in a Zoom Room?
- Open the Zoom app on your mobile device and sign in.
- Meetings can be found under the Calendar tab in the sidebar.
- Find the meeting and click on it to select it.
- You can join a room by tapping on the Join from Room button. You will be able to find Zoom Rooms in your area by using the mobile app. Alternatively, in the case that no sharing key is detected, you must enter the sharing key displayed by the Zoom Room’s display in the event that no sharing key is detected.
Can you join a WebEx meeting from a Zoom Room?
What is the advantage of a Zoom Room?