The owner and admin of the account have the option of enabling or disabling the ability for hosts and participants of the meeting to join the audio of the meeting via phone (call me) or to invite others via telephone (call out).
It is possible for the host and the participants of the meeting to join the audio via their phone numbers after the audio feature has been enabled. Using this feature, the host can also invite others by entering their phone numbers into the meeting and asking them to join the meeting.
Prerequisite for enabling or disabling call me and invite by phone
- There are three types of accounts: Pro, Business, and Enterprise
- The Audio Plan add-on has been subscribed to
- Select the countries you would like to call out to
- Owners of accounts and administrators are able to edit the settings for their accounts and groups
Note: Data centers selected by the account will not affect the call-out countries/regions for the account.
How to enable or disable the call me and call out features
For all users in the account, you will need to enable Call Me and Invite by Phone by following these steps:
- In order to access the Zoom web portal, you must be logged in as the owner of the account or a user with the privilege to edit account settings.
- You can access Account Settings by clicking Account Management in the navigation menu.
- On the tab Audio Conferencing, click the Audio Conferencing button.
- To enable or disable this feature, you will have to click on the toggle button for Call Me and Invite by Phone.
- A confirmation dialog may appear, in which case you should click Enable or Disable in order to confirm the change you have made.
- Depending on the option you choose under Do Call Me users need to press 1 before they will be able to join the meeting? Depending on your preference, you may choose to set it to Auto, Always, or Never.
- Click on the pencil icon under the Call Out Countries/Regions section.
- Please note that once you have selected the desired countries to be called out to, you will then have to click Save in the pop-up window that appears.
- Select the check box next to Allow webinar attendees to use Call Me to connect their audio if your host has a webinar license and you would like your hosts attendees to be able to connect their audio using Call Me.
Note: In order to use this feature for webinars, the Zoom client version 5.2.2 or higher is required.
- The lock icon has the option of being made mandatory for all users in your account if you wish. Simply click it to confirm the setting for all users in your account.
- You will need to log in as an owner or admin member with the privilege of editing account settings in the Zoom web portal.
- Click on User Management from the navigation menu. Then click on Groups from the Groups menu.
- Select the appropriate group name from the list and then click the Audio Conferencing tab at the top of the screen.
- It is possible to enable or disable the Call Me and Invite by Phone feature by clicking on the toggle switch.
- Click Enable or Disable if a verification dialog appears when a change has been made to confirm the change has been made.
Note: A grayed out option is a sign that the option has been locked at the account level and needs to be changed there if it has been locked.
- When users are asked whether they have to press 1 before they can join a meeting through Call Me? You can choose between the following three options: Auto, Always, and Never.
- You will need to click on the pencil icon under Call Out Countries/Regions in order to edit them.
- Please select the countries you wish to call out from the pop-up window Select Call Out Countries/Regions, then click on the Save button.
- Select the check box next to Allow webinar attendees to use Call Me to connect audio if your host has a webinar license and you would like them to be able to use the app to connect audio during the webinar.
Note: In order to be able to use this feature for webinars, you will need the Zoom client version 5.2.2 or a higher version.
- Changing this setting to mandatory can be done by clicking the lock icon, and then clicking the Lock button to confirm the setting. This can be done for all users in the group, if you wish.
Note: This setting can be viewed at the user level, however, only IT admins are able to make changes to it at the user level.
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- Select Settings from the navigation menu at the top of the page.
- Select the Audio Conferencing tab on the left side of the screen.
- Make sure that Call Me and Invite by Phone are enabled on the device.
- It is recommended that you get in touch with your account administrator if Call Me and Invite by Phone are disabled and grayed out.
- Are there any changes that need to be made to Require Call Me users to press 1 before being able to participate in a meeting? Contact your account administrator if you wish to call out to specific countries or regions.
Read it also –
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you invite people to Zoom using a phone number?
If you want to invite a telephone user, you need to call them during the Zoom meeting in the Zoom Room in which you are participating. In addition to using Zoom, you could also use a phone number to make a 1-on-1 phone call or use a conference bridge to hold a meeting that does not use Zoom.
How do I stop incoming calls on Zoom meeting?
A device running on Android
You will need to turn on the ‘Silent mode’. You will need to turn off ‘Vibrate in silent mode’ in order to do so. Ensure the setting is enabled under ‘Do not disturb’ by navigating to the setting and enabling it. Select the ‘No one’ option under both the ‘Calls’ and the ‘Messages’ section of the settings window.
Why doesn’t my Zoom invitation have a phone number?
There is a dial-in number for Zoom international meetings that can be called from other countries if the meeting invitation does not provide a local number for the country where you are located. If a number is not listed or has asterisks (***) in place of some of the numbers, it means that number is not available on the account that you’re currently logged into.
How do I schedule a Zoom meeting and invite someone from my phone?
Use the Zoom Mobile App for Android to schedule a meeting with your colleagues
On your Android device, open up the Zoom app.
Select the “Sign In” option from the menu.
Choosing the “SSO” option will bring up a list of options.
Select “Continue” and enter “LSUHSC” as the school name.
You will need to enter your email address from LSUHSC and click on the “Next” button.
Choose “Launch Zoom” after completing the authentication process.
After clicking on the Zoom mobile app icon, you will be taken to the app’s launch screen.
Does free Zoom allow phone dial in?
The Zoom service also includes a free global dial-in number (tolls may apply at some locations), as well as the option to subscribe to a plan that includes toll-free numbers, toll numbers, call-out numbers, and dedicated dial-in numbers for audio conferencing. It is only through a licensed meeting host that users will be able to connect with a toll-free or fee-based number in order to dial into the meeting.
How do I enable Zoom on my phone?
Setup instructions for the Zoom Phone system that you own
You will be able to sign in to the Zoom Web Portal once you have signed in.
You will find the Phone System Management option in the navigation menu.
Then click the Setup button.
Start the setup process by clicking the Begin Setup button.
The Main Company Number can be selected if necessary. …
Check the agreement after setting your company’s emergency address.
You can now click Done.
What happens if I get a phone call during a Zoom meeting?
Zoom Phone displays a call notification during an incoming call to assist you in identifying the caller. When your status is set to Do not disturb, you will not receive call notifications. When you receive a call notification, click one of these options: Accept: Answer.