This post was most recently updated on July 28th, 2022
As soon as the Zoom Resource’s calendar is integrated with the Zoom Room’s calendar resource, a list of the meetings scheduled for the Zoom Room will appear on the TV, controller, and the Scheduling Display in the Zoom Room. Zoom Rooms are virtual meeting rooms that you can schedule meetings in by inviting other members of your organization to the meeting. A calendar service is used to assign conference rooms as resources as part of a calendar. It is possible to start and join meetings in the room with one touch if users authorize Zoom access to their calendar resources.
It is necessary that an Exchange administrator performs the following steps before adding a calendar service for Zoom Rooms:
- It would be a good idea to create a dedicated user in Exchange who will be responsible for managing calendars
- For each Zoom Room, a calendar resource must be created or located so that it can be used
- It is important that each calendar resource is delegated to a dedicated user who will have full control over it.
- Ensure that each calendar resource can be edited by the dedicated user
- By using Windows PowerShell, it is possible to update the settings for each of the calendar resources
You will then need to use the credentials of the dedicated user in your account to provide authorization for Zoom Rooms to access all the calendar services offered by Exchange and the services offered by the calendar service in your account.
In this article, we will cover the following topics:
- How to create a service account and room email
- Creating a Zoom Rooms service account
- Creating or obtaining the room and room email
- How to link the service account with room resources
- Delegating access to the service account
- Sharing the resource with the service account
- How to enable Basic Authentication or NTLM Authentication
- Basic Authentication
- NTLM Authentication
- How to configure resource attributes
- Retrieving EWS URL
- Disable Removal of Subject from Room Events
How to add the calendar service to Zoom
Prerequisites for using Exchange 2013 and above with Zoom Rooms
- Is “Exchange 2013”, “Exchange 2016, or “Exchange 2019” available
- In order to manage Exchange, you will need an admin account
- The Exchange Admin Center (EAC) is the place where you can manage your Exchange services
- Creating and managing room calendars is a great way to keep everyone in the loop
- A new user can be created in Exchange by using the new user creation feature
Note: The network you are using, including firewalls and proxies, must be able to accept traffic from outlook.office365.com.
How to create a service account and room email
Creating a Zoom Rooms service account
- As an administrator, you need to log in to the Exchange Admin Center.
- Under the Recipients section, click on Mailboxes, then click on the + sign.
- The user mailbox can be accessed by clicking the button below.
- Create an email address, such as email@example.com, that you can use to communicate with the team.
- All Zoom Rooms in your account will be able to use this same user email address.
- The username and password for the user should be noted down.
- Make sure you create the same email address for work under your Zoom Room account and add it to the calendar section under your account.
Creating or obtaining the room and room email
- If you are an Exchange Administrator, please log on to your Admin Center.
- Select Resources, then select Recipients from the drop-down menu.
- In case you need to add a room, you can click on the plus + icon at the bottom of the window.
- Remember to take note of the display names and corresponding e-mail addresses for each of your rooms.
How to link the service account with room resources
Delegating access to the service account
- As an administrator, you should log into the Exchange Admin Center.
- You will need to click the Resources tab, then the Recipients tab.
- The first room can be selected by double clicking it.
- Delegation of mailboxes can be done by clicking this button.
- Click the + button under Full Access at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the add button and select the dedicated email address.
Sharing the resource with the service account
- Sign in to Outlook web using the account that you use for Exchange administration.
Note: In the event that Outlook Web has not been enabled for the Exchange server, you will have to share the calendar using the Outlook application if it has not already been enabled.
- You can open another mailbox by clicking Open another mailbox under My account.
- You will need to enter the email address of the resource for the room, and then select the room.
- The mailbox for the resource for the room can be accessed by clicking the Open button.
- When you click on this, the resource mailbox for Zoom Rooms will open. The calendar can be accessed by clicking on it in the lower left-hand corner of your navigation menu.
- The main calendar for the room can be accessed by right-clicking under Your Calendars and then clicking Share calendar.
- Click on the Editor Access option and then enter the Work Email for the service account, which is part of the Work Email field.
- Send the message by clicking the Send button.
- Access the mailbox of the service account by logging into the account.
- In the Zoom Room resource, click on the invitation and then click on the Accept button.
- As soon as you accept the invitation, the calendar tab will open up on your computer. Zoom Room resource calendars are listed under Other Calendars on the left side of the page. You can find them by scrolling down to the bottom of the screen. Make sure that this calendar is taken into account.
How to enable Basic Authentication or NTLM Authentication
For on-premise solutions like Exchange Server, Zoom Rooms is able to support Basic and NTLM authentications for on-premise solutions. In order for either of these options to be enabled for your account, you need to select one of the following options.
- Click the Authentication button in the EWC.
- Select the checkbox next to Basic Authentication and then click on the Save button.
- On the Exchange 2013 server, you will need to open the Exchange Management Shell.
- The following commands can be run on your Client Access server in order to enable Kerberos authentication for Outlook Anywhere clients:
Get-OutlookAnywhere -server CAS-1 | Set-OutlookAnywhere -InternalClientAuthenticationMethod Negotiate
- To enable Kerberos authentication for MAPI over HTTP clients, run the following command from your Exchange 2013 Client Access server:
Get-MapiVirtualDirectory -Server CAS-1 | Set-MapiVirtualDirectory -IISAuthenticationMethods Ntlm, Negotiate
How to configure resource attributes
Retrieving EWS URL
- You can access the Exchange Admin Center by clicking on the server tab.
- Double-click the EWS icon under Virtual Directories, and then click on it again.
- Find the EWS URL in the General section of the page by clicking the General tab.
Disable Removal of Subject from Room Events
- Using the Run as administrator option in the Windows PowerShell dialog box, start Windows PowerShell.
- The following commands will allow you to enter the username and password for your Exchange admin account.
Using $UserCredential, we can retrieve the user credentials.
- Make sure that the session is prepared (use the URL from the previous section to access the EWS).
$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri http://server-porter.portertest.com/powershell -Authentication Kerberos -Credential $UserCreden$Session will be imported into a PSSession by using Import-PSSessionll session.
- The following command will allow you to check the settings for the room before and after you have changed them:
Get-CalendarProcessing -Identity "49ers" | Format-List identity,deletesubject,addorganizertosubject,DeleteComments,RemovePrivateProperty
- Verify that the properties that are set to false are DeleteSubject, AddOrganizerToSubject, DeleteComments, and RemovePrivate Property.
Identity : portertest.com/Users/room_name DeleteSubject : False AddOrganizerToSubject : False DeleteComments : False RemovePrivateProperty : False
Note: It should not be a problem if you receive an error message such as: “Import-PSSession : Files cannot be loaded on this system because scripting is disabled.” If you receive a message such as “Import-PSSession : Files cannot be loaded on this system because scripting is disabled.” Please provide a valid certificate with which to sign the files.”, please run the following command first.
Set the execution policy to unrestricted by using the Set-ExecutionPolicy command
- Your room’s calendar can be customized by changing the following attributes:
Set-CalendarProcessing "room_name" -AddOrganizerToSubject $false -OrganizerInfo $true -DeleteAttachments $true -DeleteComments $false -DeleteSubject $false -RemovePrivateProperty $false
Please note that if you see any errors such as the following, please let us know
- It is possible that the operation couldn’t be performed because the object [room name] could not be found on the exchange server. Since this means that there is no scope for the cmdlet in scope for the user and/or room, the operation cannot be performed.
- Please ensure the user you are logged into via PowerShell has permissions to Manage Organizations and Manage Recipients under Organization Management if you receive an error message such as “Set-CalendarProcessing command not found”.
- PowerShell should be closed once the session has been disconnected.
How to add the calendar service to Zoom
Your Zoom account can be configured to use the Exchange calendar service by following the steps below:
- As a Zoom Rooms administrator, you will need to log in to the Zoom web portal.
- Select Calendar Integration, and then click on Add Calendar Service to add a calendar service to your account.
A dialog box appears with the option to add a calendar service.
- Select the Exchange option from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the Exchange details:
- Exchange login username or UPN: As per your Active Directory account settings, you will need to enter the user logon domain/user logon name as well as the password to log in. The email address you want to enter for exchange can be entered as mycompany/johnsmith if it is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Exchange login password: The password for your Exchange account needs to be entered here.
- Exchange Version: From the dropdown list, select the Exchange version you would like to use.
- EWS URL: If the EWS server is located at a specific URL, enter it here. The URL must be included in full, including the https:// part, so make sure that you include the entire link.
- Account Permission Type: After following the above configuration, you will be able to choose Full Access Delegate.
- Please click on the Authorize button to proceed.
This page shows a list of the calendar services you have added to the Calendar Integration page.
- Zoom Rooms can be configured with a calendar resource by following the steps described in Add a Zoom Room.