This post was most recently updated on July 4th, 2022
There are many questions and issues that can arise when you use Zoom Phone devices that were made by Yealink. Access to the device is required for some steps. If you need assistance with troubleshooting, please contact Zoom Phone support.
Frequently asked questions
How do I sign in to the device’s web interface?
Zoom Phone administration must ensure that at the account level, the device settings enable web-based user interfaces on the devices.
To find information on obtaining the device’s IP address and accessing its web interface, please read the Yealink assisted provisioning guide.
How do I export the system log?
In order to help the support team troubleshoot any issues you may be experiencing, you may send them a copy of the logs and/or configuration files. Please see our exporting log and configuration files guide.
How do I upgrade firmware?
With Zoom Phone Hardware as a Service (HaaS), you will be able to update the firmware on your device as soon as you connect it.
ZTP automatically upgrades the firmware on your device if it was provisioned via ZTP.
See the Yealink factory reset and firmware upgrade guide if you need to manually update the firmware.
How do I reset the device?
After trying all other troubleshooting suggestions, you need to reset your phone to factory settings.
There will be a complete reset of all settings. Putting the device back to factory settings will require you to re-provision it.
To learn more about Yealink factory resets and firmware upgrades, you can refer to the tutorial.
How can I find the basic information of the device, such as IP address and firmware version?
You can check the basic information, including the IP address and firmware version, by pressing the OK key when the device is idle.
How do I obtain the MAC address of the device when it’s not powered on?
Using the following methods, you will be able to find the device’s MAC address:
- You should send your supplier a shipping information sheet that contains the MAC addresses associated with the Purchase Order (order).
- Check the carton’s label for the MAC address.
- You can find the MAC address of your phone by looking at the barcode on the back of it.
- If you cannot find the MAC address, contact your Zoom admin.
I hear a tone when there is a call on hold? How do I disable it?
If you are on hold for a call, the device plays a tone as a notification every 30 seconds. There is a web interface on the device that allows you to disable the feature or adjust the tone interval:
- Log in to the web interface of the device.
- In the Features section, click the “Start” button.
- Then, click the “General Information” link under the left-hand navigation menu.
- Here, you can set the volume of the Play Hold Tone and the time for the Play Hold Tone to start.
How do I start a three-way call?
If you would like to start a three-way call, please refer to the Yealink quick start guide.
How do I reboot the device?
To resynchronize your device with the provisioning server, you can reboot the device.
- Use the web interface to access the device.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Click Upgrade on the left.
- The IP phone will reboot if you click Reboot.
Administrators can resync devices using the Zoom web portal if they do not have access to the device’s web interface.
How do I remove the device from Zoom if I want to use it on another service?
Admins should remove the device from the Zoom Web Portal if a Zoom Phone device no longer needs to be used with Zoom Phone; then they should perform a factory reset on the device.
What is my device’s administrator password and user password?
In the Zoom web portal, the default admin password can be set. If you need assistance, please contact your Zoom Phone administrator.
Device has outdated or uncertified firmware
Follow the instructions for assisting the provisioning of the device by following the provided instructions.
Screen is blank
- If the phone is plugged into an AC outlet or a PoE switch, be sure the AC outlet is functioning.
- Try plugging the phone directly into a wall outlet instead of a power strip.
- Ensure your PoE-powered SIP-T23P/T23G IP phone is used with a PoE-compatible switch or hub.
“Network unavailable” error
- In order to ensure that the Ethernet cable is properly connected, make sure the Ethernet cable is not loose, and it is connected to the Internet port on the phone.
- If there is a switch or hub in your network, make sure you have connected it properly.
- Verify that your firewall is configured properly so it is preventing Zoom Phone from running. The Zoom Phone administrator can assist you with this.
“No service” error
When a SIP account fails to register successfully, it will be displayed on the device’s screen as “No Service”. Zoom Phone administrators must be contacted for assistance.
Incorrect time and date
In the Zoom Phone account-level Zoom Phone device settings, make certain the Zoom Phone admin has correctly configured the NTP server.
You also need to make sure that the Zoom web portal is set with the correct timezone.
Device doesn’t play dial tone
- Ensure that the phone has been installed correctly and that there are no loose connections.
- Check that the dial tone is still working for another audio device by switching between the handset, headset (if present) and speakerphone.
- Try connecting another handset or headset in order to isolate the problem if the dial tone appears on another audio device.
Devices doesn’t ring
You might want to double-check the volume of your phone’s ringer. Pressing the Volume key while the phone is not in use will allow you to adjust the ringer volume.
Device doesn’t receive calls
- Make sure that your system administrator has checked the SIP registration.
- On your phone, make sure that the DND (Do Not Disturb) mode has been turned off.
- Additionally, check whether or not you have enabled the call forwarding feature.
- Check whether or not you have blocked the number that is ringing your phone.
Headset not working
- Be sure that your device is compatible with the headset model you intend to purchase. You can learn more about this at the Yealink support website.
- The headset cord must be attached to the phone’s headset jack completely.
- If it is not in headset mode, turn it on.
- Adjust the volume of the headset accordingly.