A typical example of what a host can do
- Start/stop the webinar
- Mute the panelist
- Stop the panelist video
- Leave attendees from the webinar
Webinar functions and controls
If you are not currently sharing the screen, host controls will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Mute / Unmute: You can mute and unmute the microphone.
- Audio Settings (up arrow next to Join Audio): Audio settings allow you to change the microphone and speakers used, enable stereo and access the full audio options in the Zoom
- Start / Stop Video : You can start and stop your video.
- [Video Settings] (up arrow next to [Start / Stop Video]): If there are multiple cameras on your computer, select the camera to use in Zoom, access the full video control, and select the virtual background can.
- Participant: The Participant window opens.
- [ Q & A ]: The Q & A window opens.
- Voting: You can create, edit and launch polls. The Create poll or Launch option opens the Zoom web portal in your default browser.
- [Screen sharing]: Screen sharing is performed. You can select the desktop or application to share.
- [Screen Sharing Option] (up arrow next to [Screen Sharing]): If you are the only person who can share on the webinar, or if you are the only person with whom sharing is being performed, you have only the host right to start sharing. Select whether you can do it.
- Chat: Access the chat window to chat with the panelist or all attendees.
- Subtitles: If subtitles are enabled for your account, click to access subtitle options. Please read more about subtitles.
- Details: Click Details to access additional options.
- [Live on Facebook]
- [Live on Facebook Workplace]
- [Live on YouTube]
- Custom Live Stream Service
- End Meeting: Select End Meeting for All to end the webinar for all participants. If you select Leave Meeting, you can continue the webinar and leave, but you will need to give control to another participant.
When you share the screen, the control bar is displayed.
- New share : You can start a new screen sharing without stopping the current screen sharing first. Because you can share only one screen at a time, it replaces the screen you are currently sharing.
- Pause Sharing : The current sharing is paused and changes will not appear on the screen until you choose Resume Sharing .
- [Annotate] : You can annotate the shared screen. An annotation option opens.
- Remote control : Allows co-hosts or panelists to remotely control the screen you have shared.
- [Details] : There are [ Invite ], [ Recording ] and [ Live Streaming ]. If you make the Zoom webinar window smaller, other options will move to [ Details ]. There are also new settings specifically for screen sharing.
- Disable Participant Annotations : Select this option to prevent attendees from annotating the shared screen.
- Hide video panel : When you share the screen, the video will be displayed in a movable window. Select this option to hide the video panel.
- Optimize Full Screen Video Clips : If you are sharing video clips in full screen (as opposed to live camera feeds), we recommend that you check this option.
- Stop Sharing : Select this to stop screen sharing.