The joint hosting feature allows a host to share hosting privileges with other users in the webinar.
This feature is useful when another user is in control of the webinar’s operational aspects, such as muting participants and starting / stopping recordings.
The host needs to specify a co-host during the webinar. It can not be assigned in advance.
See Enabling And Adding A Co-Host for instructions on enabling and using co-hosts .
Before setting up a co-host
Control of joint hosting
If you are not currently sharing the screen, joint host control will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- [Mute / Unmute]: You can mute or unmute the microphone.
- [Audio Control] ( Up arrow next to [Mute / Unmute] ) Use Audio Control to change the microphone and speakers that Zoom currently uses on your computer, or leave your computer’s audio You can also access the full audio options in the Zoom settings.
- Start / Stop Video : You can start and stop your video.
- Video Settings ( up arrow next to Start / Stop Video ): If your computer has a large number of cameras, select which Zoom you are using, access the full video settings, and set the virtual background You can choose.
- Participant : The Participant window opens. Read more about managing participants .
- [ Q & A ] : Opens the Q & A window. For questions and answers regarding webinars, please refer to Getting Started With Question & Answer .
- Voting : You can create, edit and launch polls. The option to create or launch a poll opens the Zoom web portal in your default browser. See Polling For Webinars for webinar polls .
- [Image surface of Sharing : To start a screen sharing, click this Konroru. You can select the desktop or application to share. For screen sharing , please refer to About screen sharing .
- Advanced sharing options ] (Screen Sharing next upward arrow): Specifies the co-host webinar, if someone only the host or panelists if you screen sharing to be able to start a new share Select to
- Chat : Access the chat window to chat with the panelist or all attendees. For more information about webinar chat , please refer to Webinar Chat .
- Click [Details] to display more options.
- Invite : Invite participants .
- Record on this computer : Make a local recording .
- Cloud Recording to : cloud recording and the.
- End Meeting : Click this item to exit the webinar. Only the host can end the webinar.
- When you share the screen, controls appear in a movable bar. Usually displayed at the top of the screen, but you can drag it if you want.
- New Sharing: Click New Sharing to start a new screen sharing without stopping the current screen sharing. Because you can share only one screen at a time, it replaces the screen you are currently sharing.
- Pause Sharing: The current sharing pauses and changes do not appear on the screen until you choose Resume Sharing.
- [ To comment ]: You can annotate a shared screen. An annotation option opens.
- Remote control: Click this control to allow the host or panelist to remotely control the shared screen.
- [ Details ]: [invitation] In addition to the recording of options, chat, video, the option to leave a voice setting, and meeting, [Details] appears at the bottom of. There are also new settings specifically for screen sharing.
- Disable / Enable Participant Annotations: Select this option to prevent attendees from annotating screen sharing.
- Hide video panel: For screen sharing, the video is displayed in a movable window. Select this option to hide the video panel.
- Optimize Sharing for Full Screen Video Clips : If sharing video clips full screen (rather than live camera feed), it is recommended to select this option.
- Stop sharing: Select this to stop screen sharing.
Read it also –
|How To Use Zoom Webinar Host Control|
|Zoom Webinar Host Control And Function Setting|
Frequently Asked Question
Can you have co hosts on Zoom webinar?
A meeting or a webinar can have as many co-hosts as the number of attendees in that meeting or webinar. The controls that are available to co-hosts can be found here.
How do you share host controls in Zoom?
A web-based client
- From the control panel, you will find a button named Manage which can be used to access the host controls.
- The participants list will be displayed once you click on this button.
- You can make a participant the host by hovering over the name of the participant and clicking the More button.
- Select Make Host from the drop-down menu.
- In order to make this user the host, you will need to click the Yes button.
Can I host a Zoom meeting and control who enters?
There can be a time limit attached to the waiting room feature, so that participants can enter the meeting at a specific point while using the waiting room feature. As the meeting host, it is your job to decide whether the attendees are to be admitted one at a time or all at the same time, based on a meeting agenda.
How do I make someone else the host on Zoom before meeting?
- To access Zoom’s web portal, you will need to sign in.
- You will be given the option of scheduling a meeting if you click on the Meetings icon in the navigation menu.
- You can view additional meeting options by scrolling down the page to Options and clicking the Show button.
- The email address of the alternative host should be entered in the Alternative Hosts field.
Can I add a co-host to a Zoom meeting before it starts?
In order to start a scheduled meeting, the co-host must be the one to start it. There is no way to assign co-hosts ahead of time for a given event. An individual must be promoted to the role of co-host by the host. If the host wishes to assign an alternative host to the session, he or she may do so to a user.