This post was most recently updated on June 21st, 2021
This section describes how to check how computer audio works before joining Zoom Meeting.
Devices required for verification
Built-in microphone, USB microphone, or headphone in-line microphone
- Speaker or headphones
Operation check method Windows / Mac Test before meeting
- Log in to the Zoom client.
- Click Gear mark (setting).
- Click the Audio tab.
Test the speaker
- Click Test Speaker to play the sound.
- If you can not hear the sound, select another speaker from the pull-down next to the test button, or adjust the output volume.The speakers displayed in this pull-down will show the speakers connected to the computer.
Test the microphone
- The microphone section, [ test of the microphone to test the microphone by clicking].
- You can see the green input level bar move as Zoom picks up the audio sound.
- Audio will start recording. When finished speaking, click [ Recording ].
- The recorded audio is played back. Select another microphone from the menu or adjust the input level.
- To have Zoom automatically adjust the input volume, check [Adjust volume automatically ].
When joining a meeting
When joining a meeting, you will be prompted if you did not select the Automatically join audio on the computer option.
- Click Test Computer Audio to test the speaker and microphone.
- Click this to open the audio settings. Please refer to the
above ” Test the speaker ” and ” Test the microphone “.
You can access audio settings and test audio while already in a meeting.
- In Meeting Controls, click the arrow next to Mute / Unmute.
- Click [ Audio Settings ].
- Click this to open the audio settings.
- Please refer to the above ” Test the speaker ” and ” Test the microphone “.
- Automatically adjust the audio: Automatically adjust the input volume of the microphone based on the sound that Zoom picks up.
- Automatically join audio on a computer when joining a meeting: Automatically join computer audio instead of specifying how to join audio each time.
- Always mute the microphone when joining a meeting: Always mute the microphone when joining a meeting. You can unmute it later.
- Join audio when joining a meeting using third-party audio: This option turns off the prompt to join audio if third-party audio is enabled for the meeting. Read more about third-party audio.
- Enable stereo: Sends stereo audio if supported by your microphone. Read more about this setting.
- Do not change the original audio from the microphone: Allows the microphone to transmit the original sound without applying for the Zoom audio extension. Read more about this setting.
iOS · Android to join device audio in a meeting
- If this is your first time joining a Zoom meeting, you will be asked to grant access to the microphone.
When joining a meeting, you will be prompted to join the audio.
- The following audio options are displayed.
- [Internet Call]: Connect to audio via the Internet
- Dial In: Provides the option to dial into Zoom meetings via phone
- Call My Phone: Call to join
- the meeting. Meeting host requires a subscription to premium audio
- [ CancelIf you select], [ audioyou can open again prompt by tapping].
- Once connected, a microphone icon will appear in the lower left corner to mute and unmute.
- If there is a need to participate in the audio in a different way, [ Details], [ cutting of audioand disconnect the audio and tap].
People Also Search For
zoom meeting audio issues
why is my audio not working on zoom
test zoom audio before meeting
zoom audio settings
zoom test meeting
zoom microphone not working windows 10
how do i turn my microphone on zoom
what does dont connect to audio mean on zoom
why is my audio not working on zoom
zoom share computer sound
call over internet zoom
zoom test meeting
how to mute yourself on zoom
zoom is not connecting
do you need a webcam for zoom
zoom video quality
how to show video on zoom
camera for zoom
google meet test
zoom audio auto adjusting
zoom audio interference
zoom choppy audio
how to unmute microphone in zoom
test microphone windows 10
end-to-end encrypted video conferencing
zoom your client connection is encrypted
end-to-end encryption whatsapp
webex end-to-end encryption
end-to-end encryption explained
end-to-end encryption iphone
speaker for zoom
zoom really quiet
test computer microphone
zoom join audio meaning
zoom audio sounds bad
zoom stuck on connecting mac
black screen on zoom
device audio meaning
zoom not opening on oppo
join audio by computer when joining a meeting
People also ask
How do you test audio on Zoom meeting?
How do I use audio meeting with Zoom meeting?
Can you test zoom before meeting?
How do I see everyone on Zoom?
Why can’t I hear the other person on Zoom?
How do I use an external mic on Zoom meeting?
How do you mix sound in zoom?
How do I adjust the zoom volume?
How do I mute myself on Zoom meeting?
Do I have to join audio on Zoom to hear?
How do I join a zoom meeting for the first time?
Can you use two microphones on Zoom?
Can I use an external mic on Zoom?
Can I use a microphone with zoom?
How can I look better in zoom?
Can others see you on Zoom?
How do I practice a zoom meeting?
How do I see everyone on zoom without the app?
How do I see all participants in zoom on my laptop?
How do I see participants in zoom after meeting?
How do you unmute all on Zoom?
How do I share a video with sound on Zoom?
How do you speak in zoom?
Can everyone talk at once on Zoom?
How do I turn my microphone on Zoom?
Can a group sing together on Zoom?
What is use original sound in zoom?
How do I turn on video sound on Zoom?
What does join audio mean in zoom?
Can I play copyrighted music on Zoom?
How do I install Zoom audio device?
Can you play music on Zoom meeting?
How do you unmute in Zoom app?
How do you use the Zoom app?
What is dial in in zoom?
Do you need a zoom account to join a zoom meeting?