This post was most recently updated on July 29th, 2022
By enabling Allow livestreaming on Zoom Webinars, you give people the option to be able to watch your webinar on Facebook, Workplace by Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, or a Custom Live Streaming Service.
Livestreaming of webinars: prerequisites
- Ownership or admin privileges on the account
- Pro, Business, or Enterprise account
- A Zoom Webinar plan is assigned to the host
This article will show you how to enable live streaming of webinars
In order to enable all users in the account to see the livestream of webinars, follow the steps below:
- Log into the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- Under Account Management, select Account Settings.
- Go to the Meetings tab.
- To enable livestreaming of webinars in In Meeting (Advanced), select the toggle Allow livestreaming of webinars.
- The change will be verified if a verification dialog appears. Click Enable to confirm the change.
- Then check the box next to each streaming service that you want your users to be able to use to livestream webinars through your account.
- It is optional to make this setting mandatory for all users of your account. To do so, click on the lock icon and then click Lock to ensure that the setting will be applied to everyone.
As a result of the renaming of the Group Management page to Groups, if you sign up for a new Zoom account after August 21, 2021, or you are using the New Admin Experience on your account, you will find it renamed to Groups.
In order to allow a group of users to livestream a webinar, you will need to follow these steps:
- To access the Zoom web portal, you will need to sign in.
- Once you’ve logged in, you will see User Management and Group Management under the navigation menu.
- From the list, click the name of the relevant group.
- Then, click on the Meeting tab.
- You can enable livestreaming of webinars from the In Meeting (Advanced) by clicking the Allow livestreaming of webinars toggle.
- The verification dialog will appear if the change needs to be verified.
- If you wish to allow users in the group to livestream webinars using each streaming service, you will need to check the respective box next to each service.
- For those of you who wish to make the setting mandatory for all users in the group, our recommendation would be to click on the lock icon and then click Lock to confirm the setting.
In order to enable the live streaming of webinars for your own use, you will need to do the following:
- The Zoom web portal can be accessed by logging in.
- Once logged in, go to the Settings link in the navigation menu.
- Select the Meeting tab on the left hand side.
- Click on the Allow livestreaming of webinars toggle under the In Meeting (Advanced) tab to make sure that it is enabled.
- Should a verification pop-up appear, click Enable to verify that the change was made.
- You have the option of checking the boxes next to each streaming service to which the webinar will be livestreamed.
Please note that:
- There is a chance that the option has been locked at either the group or account level if it is grayed out. The Zoom administrator should be able to assist you.