In a remote support session, a computer can be controlled via a remote connection and restarted remotely. When a remote support session is initiated, the user can:
- I would like to request desktop control
- for the application I would like to request desktop control
- of the computer I would like to request desktop control of the computer
The process of enabling remote support
For all users in the account to be able to participate in remote support sessions:
- As an administrator, you have the privilege of editing the settings of your account through the Zoom web portal.
- Navigate to the Account Management section and then click on Account Settings.
- Click the Meeting tab.
- Confirm that you have enabled Remote Support.
- Whether the setting has been disabled or enabled, choose to enable Remote Support. When you see the pop-up window Enable “Remote support”, click on Enable to start the process.
- Click the lock icon , and then click Lock to confirm the setting. (Optional) If you want this setting to be mandatory for all users in your account, you should click the lock icon .
- If you are an administrator with the ability to edit Contacts and Channels . You can add contacts, create contact groups in the Zoom web portal, you will be able to access it.
- Navigate to User Management – then click on Group Management – to access it.
- After you select the appropriate group, click on the Settings tab to access it.
- From the Meetings tab, select the meeting that you wish to attend.
- You will need to make sure that Remote Support is enabled.
- To enable it, click the toggle to the right of Remote Support. Click Enable in the pop-up window Enable “Remote Support” to enable remote support.
- Normally, a grayed out option meant that it was locked at the account level, so it had to be changed in the account level.
- For more information, please see Wikipedia. If you want to make this setting mandatory for all users in this group, click the lock icon, and then click Lock to further confirm this setting.
In order to enable your own remote support sessions, please follow these steps:
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by entering your e-mail address and password.
- Click on the Settings link in the navigation bar.
- Choose the Meeting tab from the dropdown menu.
- Then make sure that Remote Support is enabled.
- Click the toggle to enable Remote Support if the setting is not enabled by default. Please click Enable on the pop-up window for Enable “Remote support”.
- Grayed out options indicate that they have been locked either by a group or by an individual account. For more information please contact the Zoom administrator.
Read it also –
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enable Zoom remote Support?
To access Zoom’s website, you need to sign in.
You can access the settings by clicking on the Settings button in the navigation menu.
The Meetings tab can be found by clicking on it.
If you have Remote Support turned on, verify that it is enabled.
It is possible to enable this setting by clicking on the toggle if it is disabled. Click the Enable button in the popup window that appears when you click on Enable remote support.
What happens if I enable remote assistance?
When enabled, remote assistance allows another Internet user to use your computer when you are not present, allowing you to assist them. If you are asked this question, it is likely to come from a Microsoft employee, a friend, or something else. It is important to take caution when granting anyone remote access to your PC. This means the person taking control has access to everything on that computer.
Why can’t I give remote access on Zoom?
When a participant shares his or her screen via Zoom desktop client, they can only give you remote control over what is going on. You cannot request or give remote control to another participant if you are participating in a meeting on an iPad or Android device; you must be given the opportunity to do so. Start remote control after you have been given control by a participant.
What is Zoom remote Support?
In a remote support session, you can control the computer remotely and restart it if it has been shut down or stopped working. When the user initiates the support session, they have the option of: Requesting desktop control. Control of an application should be requested.
Can a Zoom meeting run without the host?
In case the host of the Zoom meeting was not present when the meeting was set up, it is possible to start or join the meeting without the host present, as long as certain settings had been configured by the host. It is essential that when the host schedules a meeting, he or she disables the feature of the waiting room and enables the setting that allows participants to join before the host is present.
Why can’t I add an alternative host on Zoom?
It is necessary that alternative hosts be licensed Zoom users. In order to be able to act as an alternative host, you must also belong to the same Zoom account as your host. So, it does not make sense to designate an alternate host from another institution as someone who you will be in charge of.