This post was most recently updated on July 28th, 2022
Using the Zoom integration for Microsoft Dynamics 365
Zoom Phone for Microsoft Dynamics 365 enables you to make calls with Zoom Phone by using the Dynamics 365 integration with Zoom. Among the features of Zoom Phone for Microsoft Dynamics 365 are:
- Calling existing contacts and initiating a conversation
- setting up new contacts without receiving complaints
- Viewing the call logs
- Calls can now be added with attributes such as note, assign to, related to, disposition.
Prerequisites for Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Ownership or administrative privileges of the account
- on any of the following levels: Pro, Business, Education, and Enterprise
- Users with a valid Zoom Phone subscription
- with at least version 5.2.0 of the Zoom desktop client
- administrators will be able to configure phone numbers in the Zoom phone system.
- CIF (Consumer Integration Framework) for Microsoft Dynamics is installed.
How to install the required apps
A mobile app for Zoom’s desktop client and a desktop app for Home Dynamics are the core elements of the integration. The integration can be enabled by installing both apps:
- From the Zoom App Marketplace, you can download the Microsoft Dynamics 365 app
- for Zoom from the Dynamics 365 appSource by clicking here
Install Microsoft Dynamics 365
Using the Zoom App Marketplace, you can install the Microsoft Dynamics 365 application:
- You will need to sign in as the administrator of your Zoom account in order to access the Zoom App Marketplace.
- Enter Microsoft Dynamics in the search box located on the top right of your screen to find this app.
- Search for Microsoft Dynamics 365 in your search results to find the app. Click the link to open it.
- Then click Add.
- Once you have verified that the app has the permissions that it needs, click Authorize.
Home Dynamics will now take you back to the installation page.
Install Zoom for Dynamics 365
From the Dynamics 365 AppSource, install Zoom for Dynamics 365 from the Zoom for Dynamics 365 app.
- You will need to log in as an administrator to https://dynamics.microsoft.com.
- Once you are logged in, click Get more apps.
- You should find Zoom under the Apps section.
- Just click Get it now and you will be taken to the Zoom for Dynamics 365 page.
- Complete the form and you will be taken to the next page.
- Click on the Continue button when you are ready.
- Choose the environment and click on Install when you are ready.
How to configure the integration
This integration should be configured in the Zoom web portal as well as the Home Dynamics portal.
Zoom web portal
Configure Zoom account settings as follows to make it possible for users to make calls directly:
- You will need to become an account administrator, meaning you have permission to edit your account settings on the Zoom website.
- Click Account Management and then click Account Settings in the navigation menu.
- Click Zoom Phone in the window that appears.
- To enable or disable Automatically Call From Third Party Apps, click on the toggle box.
Home Dynamics portal
An example of how Microsoft Dynamic CIF framework can be used to display the integration is shown below:
- As an administrator, you need to log into https://dynamics.microsoft.com/ and manage the site.
- You will have to open up Channel Integration Framework application.
- You will then have to click on the New button under Channel Provider.
- You will then have to enter the following information in the Channel Provider Configuration:
- Name: Zoom Video Inc
- Label: Zoom Video Inc
- Enable Outbound Communication: Yes
- Channel Order: 1
- Trusted Domain: https://applications.zoom.us
- Channel URL: https://applications.zoom.us/mscrm/login?base=https://yourdomain.crm.dynamics.com
- Your Channel URL should be in the same domain as your CRM URL.
- You will need to enter the apps that you want to make use of the Zoom Phone app under Select Unified Interface Apps for the Channel. Let us take Customer Service Hub as an example.
- Choose the roles your organization wants to use the Zoom app for and enter them in the box next to Select Roles for the Channels.
- When you are satisfied with your settings, click the Save button.
If you want to finish the authorization process, sign into Microsoft Dynamics 365 Zoom using the following credentials:
- Access MS Dynamics 365 by signing in to your account.
- Open the Zoom Phone app you have configured to be used with MS Dynamics 365.
In Customer Service Hub, the Zoom Phone display is displayed on the side of the app as a widget.
- To sign in, click the Sign In button.
- Click the Authorize button.
- Depending on your company’s Zoom admin, the Zoom app may need to be approved before it is available on the Zoom App Marketplace.
After the app has been approved, the dial pad will appear on the Widget.
How to use Zoom Phone
Initiate and receive calls
The device automatically performs the following actions when you make a call outbound or when you receive a call.
- It opens the Zoom Phone application on your computer
- in order to capture the call details by changing the UI of the widget
Maintain call information
Consider these options when entering the information for the call:
|Field||Description and Options|
|Assign To||* New Contact: enter a new contact information
for that contact. * Existing Contact: Displays the field from which the call will originate. Here you can select an existing contact from the list.
|Relates To||Select from:
* Left a voicemail
* No answer
* Bad number
In the Zoom app, the call log is displayed after a call ends. Here are the options:
- Listen to recordings
- Listen to voicemail
- View activity
- Add activity
- Copy the number
Sign out from the Zoom app
In order to clear the user-session information in the Zoom app, you can sign out of it. Choose the profile icon from the Zoom Phone widget, and then click the Sign Out button.
See How to uninstall from the App Marketplace for information about removing your data from the database.
How to uninstall from the Zoom App Marketplace
- Ensure that you are logged in as the account administrator of the Zoom App Marketplace.
- Click the Manage button at the top right corner of the page.
- Navigate to the Added Apps section of the menu.
- Click Remove to remove Microsoft Dynamics 365 from your list of apps.
- You will be prompted to confirm the action.
Troubleshooting for Microsoft Dynamics 365
Issues with accessing the Zoom integration
Note: In order for changes to be effective, it is important that users restart their browsers after making any changes to these settings.
There may be an issue with your ability to access Zoom on Microsoft Dynamics 365. If this is the case, please consider the following:
- As far as your internet browser settings are concerned, all cookies are allowed.
- Open the Settings menu on the Chrome browser.
- Select Privacy and Security from the navigation panel on the left hand side.
- Select Cookies and other site data from the drop down menu.
- Make sure that the Allow all cookies option is selected under General Settings.
- When the Channel Integration Framework is selected, the correct apps and roles will be selected.
- If you are a system administrator, please login to https://home.dynamics.com.
- Then open the Channel Integration Framework application from the Start menu.
- You will see that it takes you to Channel Provider Configuration and then you can open Zoom Video Inc.
- Please ensure that you have configured both the correct app as well as the correct roles.
Issues with being unable to save phone activities
- The Zoom package must be installed in Microsoft Dynamics 365 appsource in order for it to be installed.
- To do this, go to the Sales Hub application and open it.
- Then, select Advanced Settings and then Solutions.
- Then, select the checkbox next to Zoom Video for Dynamics 365.
Note: To ensure that the update is effective, restart the browser of the users if you need to reinstall the package.
Issues with being unable to search for users’ phone numbers
- Make sure msdyn_ciLibrary js is loaded on your computer.
- Click the link below to open the Sales Hub app in a Chrome browser.
- You can display the Chrome Web Inspector screen by right-clicking the page and choosing Inspect from the context menu.
- After selecting Network, the page will be reloaded.
- Find the file msdyn_ciLibrary in the program folder and ensure it is loaded.
- You should be able to access the library after reinstalling the Zoom app for Dynamics 365.
- It is recommended that, if you are reinstalling the app, the users should restart their browsers in order to take effect of the changes.
- It is necessary to have access to the Zoom account in order to use Dynamics 365 CRM.
- The Dynamics 365 CRM can be used to view the following information:
- There are four types of information that describe a user: their id, first and last name, email, and type of user
- data. Phone number, call history, voicemail, and recordings are also part of this data.
- A number of Dynamics 365 CRM contactIds, leadIds, accountIds, and phone activityIds are cached by the app.
- All notifications between the Zoom app and Zoom are encrypted:
- Protocol: TLS 1.2
- Cipher suite: ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
- Key length: 128 bits
- Perfect Forward secrecy: YES