In order to join Microsoft Teams meetings, Zoom Rooms can use a Direct Guest Join feature which allows them to join the meeting without needing to install additional infrastructure or get additional licenses. Microsoft Cloud Video Interop third-party services were previously required to be available to the Teams meeting host in order to connect to Microsoft Teams meetings.
The following topics are covered in this article:
- How to enable or disable Support 3rd party conferencing dial-in for Zoom Rooms
- How to join a Zoom meeting
- If you see Join by Audio or no Join button at all on the Zoom Rooms controller meeting list
- If you see the Join button on the Zoom Rooms Controller
- If you have joined the Microsoft Teams meeting
Prerequisites for Microsoft Teams Direct Guest Join
- Owners of accounts, admins, or roles with edit access to Zoom Rooms need to be the owner of the account
- Version 5.6 or higher of Zoom Rooms for Windows is required
- It is recommended that you use version 5.6 or higher of Zoom Rooms for Mac
- 5.10.3 or higher is required for Zoom Rooms for Appliances
- We are excited to confirm that this product is compatible with DTEN ME, Logitech Rally Bar, Logitech Rally Bar Mini, Neat Bar, Neat Bar Pro, Neat Board, Poly X30, Poly X50, Poly X70, Poly G7500, Yealink A20, and Yealink A30.
- You will need an Android or iOS device running version 5.6 or higher to control Zoom Rooms
- Windows version 5.1 or higher is required in order to use the Zoom Rooms controller
- Integration of Google Calendar with Office 365, Exchange 2010, and Exchange 2013 or later versions of the software
Read it also –
|Enabling Or Disabling Microsoft Teams Direct Guest Join In Zoom|
|Zoom Application Introducing How To Work With Microsoft Teams|
|How To Use The Microsoft Teams Integration In Zoom|
|Blank Video When Joining A Meeting Using A Microsoft Teams Room In Zoom|
How to enable or disable third party conferencing dial-in for Zoom Rooms
- As an administrator, you will have the privilege to edit Zoom Room settings if you sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- You can access Zoom Rooms by clicking on the Room Management option in the navigation menu.
- Zoom Rooms setting hierarchy allows you to enable third-party conferencing dial-in for Zoom Rooms from your account, location, or room settings in order to enable third-party conferencing dial-in for Zoom Rooms. You will need to click on Account Settings for this example.
- Go to the Meetings tab on the left side of the screen.
- You will need to find the feature called Support 3rd party conferencing dial-in for Zoom Rooms and to enable it, you will need to click the toggle.
- The change can be verified by clicking Enable or Disable if a verification dialog appears.
- It is possible to make this setting mandatory for every Zoom Room you edit by clicking the lock icon, and then clicking the Lock button once you have verified the setting.
- It is possible to enable Microsoft Teams Direct Guest Join on Zoom Rooms by checking the box that says Support Microsoft Teams web client meetings.
- In the Microsoft Teams meeting participant list, you may assign a guest name and an email address for the Zoom Room that will represent the Zoom Room in the participant list for the Microsoft Teams meeting. (Optional)
How to join a Zoom meeting
- If you want to invite a Zoom Room to a Microsoft Teams meeting, you can include the Zoom Room’s calendar resource directly in the Teams invitation or you can forward a Teams calendar invitation that you receive from a third party directly to the Zoom Room’s calendar resource. An alternative way of cutting and pasting the entire body of a meeting invitation received from an external third party to a new meeting invitation that contains the Zoom Room‘s calendar resource is by cutting and pasting the entire body into a new meeting invitation.
When the Zoom Room receives a meeting invite, the Zoom Room will display the meeting in its upcoming meetings list as well as an option to join the meeting on its Zoom Rooms controller once the calendar resource receives the event invite. Please read the Troubleshooting section if you see Join by Audio instead of Join by Video or if you get an error message.
- It may be necessary to modify the settings in Microsoft Office 365 or Exchange in order to forward the invitation. The forwarding of a meeting is not possible in Google Calendar, but a user who has the appropriate permissions might be able to duplicate a meeting or add it to the appropriate room.
- On the controller, click on the Join button. There will be a connection between the Zoom Room and the Teams meeting through the Zoom Room.
Note: You will need to wait longer to join a Zoom meeting than it would take to join a Zoom meeting.
- When you join a meeting, you will be able to access the following controls in the meeting:
- Mute Microphone
- Start/Stop Video
- Leave meeting
During the Zoom Room meeting, the default camera, camera control mode, mic, and speaker settings will be used, so there is no way to change them midway through the meeting. Only the first display of the Zoom Room will show the Skype. However, very interesting alternatives have emerged to the well-known Microsoft Teams meeting that is hosted by Microsoft Teams. There will not be any additional Microsoft Teams meeting participants or shared content displayed on a second or third display in a Microsoft Teams meeting.
Note: It is required that the Microsoft Teams client be accessed in order to share User Content with the Microsoft Teams meeting. It is not possible to share data wirelessly or using HDMI while connected to a Microsoft Teams call using Direct Guest Join through the Zoom Room.
If you see Join by Audio or no Join button at all on the Zoom Rooms controller meeting list
- The Zoom Room should be configured to support 3rd party conference dial-in and Microsoft Teams web client settings for web-based meetings, in order to support 3rd party conferencing dial-in.
- For Zoom Rooms calendar integration using Office 365 or Microsoft Exchange, please make sure that you set the “deletecomments” automated calendar processing option to “False” in your Office 365 settings if you are using Office 365 or Microsoft Exchange.
- There is a possibility that Microsoft Teams Direct Guest Join may not be accessible to users who utilize link filtering or “safe links” services that rewrite the original URL of the Microsoft Teams meeting. In order for Zoom Rooms to display a Join button, the original link needs to be preserved in order for the Join button to appear. Please follow the instructions here for customers using Proofpoint URL Defense to safelist teams.microsoft.com by following the instructions listed below. Teams.microsoft.com needs to be safelisted by customers who are using URL “safe links” services that work with similar URLs.
- There must be teams.microsoft.com included in the Teams URL, not teams.live.com or any other domain. As of now, Zoom Rooms does not support the Direct Guest Join feature of Microsoft Teams, which only supports meetings that are hosted on teams.microsoft.com.
- A Team meeting that is originally being hosted by a third party will need to be copied and pasted into the body of a new meeting invite that includes the calendar resource for the Zoom Room that was originally sent by a third party.
If you see the Join button on the Zoom Rooms Controller
- It is possible that there are firewall or other network security issues interfering with the connection between the Zoom Room and the Teams server if it appears that the Zoom Room is trying to join the Teams meeting but is unsuccessful. The Microsoft Teams network requirements can be found here if you would like to know more about them.
- A Microsoft Teams meeting host must grant guest access to meetings in order for them to take place. An administrator of the Microsoft Teams services that the meeting waiting room , the screen will change to the following screen. Please wait until the host uses may be able to check, and if necessary, change this setting. For more information on how to gain access to Microsoft Teams as a guest, please visit here.
- Depending on how the Microsoft Teams meeting host has configured the meeting, guests may be required to enter via the Microsoft Teams meeting lobby if they wish to join a Zoom Room using the Direct Guest Join function. The host or possibly another authenticated user in the Microsoft Teams meeting will need to admit the Zoom Room into the meeting, if this was the case. For more information about Microsoft Teams and the automatic admission to meetings, please click here.
If you have joined the Microsoft Teams meeting
- In order to be able to join the Microsoft Teams meeting from a Zoom Room with Zoom Rooms for Touch capability, Zoom recommends using a Zoom Rooms Controller in order to control the meeting environment (e.g. volume, mute, etc) from a Zoom Rooms Controller. Despite the fact that the touch interface is designed to allow manipulation of the Microsoft Teams meeting controls on Zoom Rooms display, this function cannot be implemented with the touch interface.
- The Zoom Room that is used in conjunction with a Microsoft Teams Direct Guest Join meeting will receive the video resolution that matches the lowest common denominator of the Microsoft Teams meeting. If other Microsoft Teams meeting participants ask for low-quality streams (e.g. mobile users, or users with limited bandwidth, or if users encounter network issues), the Zoom Room’s client code may also receive the same low-quality stream requested by other Microsoft Teams meeting participants, which may result in reduced video quality.
- A maximum gallery view layout of 2×2 can be displayed by Microsoft Teams web client code, even if there are more than four participants in the meeting.
Frequently Asked Question
How do you unlink Teams from Zoom?
Can I join a Microsoft teams meeting with zoom?
Why does my zoom invite have a Teams link?
How do I remove alternate host in zoom?
- By logging in, you can access Zoom’s web portal.
- From the navigation menu, click Account Management to change your account settings.
- From the menu, select Meetings.
- To enable or disable this feature, click the Users can add the following users as alternative hosts toggle under More Settings.
How do I change my team invite on Zoom?
Changing Teams Meeting to Zoom
As a way to change a Microsoft Teams meeting into a Zoom meeting, simply remove the Microsoft Teams information from the meeting body, as well as from the Location field, in the meeting settings. Edit recurring meetings by opening The entire series first.