MacOS or iOS devices can share content to Zoom rooms using AirPlay mirroring. It communicates between the Zoom client and the Zoom room on MacOS / iOS using the Airplay Bonjour protocol.
There are other ways to share content from your laptop or mobile device to your Zoom room:
- Wireless direct sharing via proximity code or shared code
- Wireless sharing via share.zoom.us
- Wired HDMI capture
- The Airplay protocol is enabled on the network.
- AirPlay mirroring is enabled by default in the Zoom room.
How to use AirPlay Mirroring
AirPlay Mirroring on Mac OSX Devices
- Go to the Airplay Display in the upper right corner of the Apple menu.
- Click on the Zoom room name to start screen sharing.
In this image it is ” NEJ 8E-1 .”
You will be prompted to enter a shared password.
- Enter the pass code displayed on the screen of the Zoom room.
- Click Disconnect Airplay to end sharing.
AirPlay Mirroring on iOS Devices
- Swipe up from the bottom of the device to display the menu.
- Tap the AirPlay button to select the Zoom room name.
- Enter the pass code displayed on the Zoom Room screen.
- The iOS display is now shared with the Zoom Room TV screen.
- [ To cut the Airplay to exit the share by tapping].
Manually enable the ability to start the AirPlay service
Set at account level
- Sign in to the Zoom Web Portal as an administrator with permission to edit account settings and click Account Settings .
- [ Meeting [of] tab AirPlay to manually start the service ] to move to the option, make sure that the setting is enabled.
If the setting is disabled, click the Status toggle to enable it. When the confirmation dialog appears, click to enable you to see the changes and select].
- (Optional) If you want this setting to be mandatory for all users in your account, click the lock icon and then click Lock to confirm the setting.
Set at Zoom room level
- Sign in to the ZoomWeb Portal as an administrator with permission to edit Zoom room settings and click ZoomRooms .
- Click on the room name.
- Click Edit to display the meeting room settings.
- Click the Meeting Settings tab.
- Go to the Manually start the AirPlay service option and verify that the settings are enabled.
If the setting is disabled, click the Status toggle to enable it. When the confirmation dialog appears, select Enable to confirm your changes.
Note: If this option is grayed out, you will need to contact your Zoom room manager, as it is locked at a higher level in the hierarchy.
How to Display Manual AirPlay Screen Sharing Procedure
During a presentation (if the meeting is not in session)
- Tap [ Presentation ] in the Zoom room controller .
- Tap Share on iPhone / iPad / Mac
During a meeting
- Start or join a meeting.
- Tap [Share Content] in the Zoom room controller.
- Tap Share iPhone / iPad / Mac.