What is the Zoom Host key?
6-digit PIN which is needed to claim host control in a meeting. In your Zoom Profile, you can view or edit your host key. In your Zoom scheduled Meeting, the Host key will be applied.
When you need a host Key
- If you start a zoom meeting by Telephone participation
- if you start meeting by H.323 device
- Join in front of the host
- If you start with PSTN-only personal audio conferencing (PAC) meetings
- After starting a zoom meeting using Zoom client and enter before the host is enabled.
- After Joining in a Zoom Room through a scheduled meeting. if I explained in other words then like- entering by the personal zoom meeting link or meeting ID in Zoom Controller.
- After entering a Zoom Meeting through the Meeting list in a Zoom Room. Suppose multiple zoom rooms enter a Zoom Meeting, the first one becomes the Zoom meeting Host to join this meeting. You can be host to use the Host Key.
will be required to use the Host Key to claim yourself as a Host
Requests host control when joining the Zoom client.
Host keys can also be used in H.323/SIP systems that connect to a meeting to claim the role of host.
To regain host control when not logged in
you can also use the Zoom desktop application by selecting Participants and Request Host.
At PAC Zoom Meeting
The meeting host (or any other participant who knows the host key)
can start a PAC meeting by entering a 6-digit pin when requested by the automated attendant.
When Entering a host key in a PAC Zoom Meeting
The meeting starts and other users can join as participants.
To the Zoom meeting organizers
There are organizer controls that can be held through DTMF listed in the Personal Audio Conference Hosting list.
Requirements for using host keys
- Paid license (more than professional license)
How to View host key
You can always edit and enter your favorite 6-digit host key by following these steps:
- Log in to my profile.
- [ Host key to scroll down the section.]
- To display the 6 digit pin, select [Show] next to [Host key ********].
- Your 6 digit host key pin will be shown.
How to Edit or change this host key
- Follow the same process as Host Key viewing, once your Host pin will be shown then-
- Choose Edit.
- Enter the required new host key and select Save.
How to claim as Host using H.323 / SIP equipment
Use of dial string
You can join as a host through an H.323 or SIP device by adding a host key to the dial string.
How to join as a host using a dial string
Meeting without password:[IP Address] ## [Meeting ID] # ## [Host Key] Example: 192.168.1.25 ## 123456789 # ## 123456
Meeting with password:[IP address] ## [meeting ID] # [password] # [layout] # [host key] Example: 192.168.1.25 # 123456789 # 12345 # 11 # 123456
Meeting without password:[Meeting ID] … [Host Key] @ [IP Address] Example: 123456789 … 123456 @ zoomcrc.com
Meeting with password:[Meeting ID]. [Password] .. [Host Key] @ [IP Address] Example: 123456789.12345..123456 @ zoomcrc.com
How to claim as Host, when cloud recording is started?
If you do not enter a host key when you first join, you will be prompted to enter a host key when you start cloud recording.
How to claim yourself as a Host using the Zoom Desktop Client App
If you want to claim yourself as Host when you join a zoom meeting and join before Host is enabled then follow these steps for further process.
Join the Zoom Meeting
Click on the Participation Icon.
Now, we need to claim Host at the participation list button.
Then put your host key
Click on Click Host